Summer Steak Grazing Board
Prep time: 30-40 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Here’s a great summer recipe that’s perfect for long lazy evenings spent on the back porch. It requires minimal cooking, is infinitely customizable for different palettes or diets, and can be easily expanded on or scaled back depending on how many people you’re serving. It’s also one of those recipes that looks like you spent a long time making when in reality, you whipped it up in between pool sessions.
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
Recipe: Summer Steak Grazing Board
Like all good recipes, this one comes with a list of tasty ingredients, but the real beauty of this Summer Steak Grazing Board is that you can use almost any ingredients you like (or have) to create your board. There’s no right or wrong way to make it as long as you’re using quality ingredients you enjoy! These are simply the ingredients we used:
- 2 – 9 oz The Honest Bison – Bison NY Strip Steak
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. steak seasoning
- 1-2 oz. cheese per person
- Blue Cheese
- Swiss Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar
- 2-3 sauce options
- Spicy mustard
- Sweet/hot mustard
- Fresh fruit
- Grilled vegetables
- Red onion
- Fresh tomatoes
- Toasted sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter – melted
- Preheat the grill or smoker to 425-450 degrees F. (medium-high)
- Bring the bison steaks to room temperature. Then, brush with olive oil and season both sides with steak seasoning of your choice.
- Grill 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches the 130-135 degrees F. medium-rare point.
- Remove steaks from the grill and let completely cool.
- Bring the grill temperature to high.
- Add the sliced vegetables to the grill and sear on both sides for about 2 minutes, then remove.
- Cut the slices of sourdough bread in half. Then, brush with melted butter and place onto the grill and toast for about 2 minutes on each side. Carefully watch as not to burn.
- To prepare your Summer Steak Grazing Board, first, thinly slice the bison steaks using a sharp fillet knife. Lay the sliced steak at the center of the board.
- From there, arrange the cheese, fruit, vegetables, sauces, and toasted sourdough bread around the steak and serve.
Recipe Notes & Alternatives:
- When planning your board, plan for 3-4 slices of meat per person. This recipe serves 4-6 people.
- Plan for 1-2 oz. of cheese per person – a strong, stout cheese such as blue, swiss, or sharp cheddar pairs best with steak.
- For the fresh fruit and vegetables, provide a variety of textures and flavors and colors. Feel free to go beyond what is listed in the recipe!
About Primal Pioneer: Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more easy summer recipes? Check out these favorites: