Instant Pot Venison Taco Stuffed Peppers
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Method: Instant Pot
With kids heading back to school and everyone generally struggling to readjust to fall routines, it seems like the perfect time to bust out our Instant Pot again. After all, who doesn’t love a quick, one-pot solution to dinner that results in something as wonderful as these Instant Pot Venison Taco Stuffed Peppers from Miss Allie’s Kitchen? Use multi-colored peppers to add extra fall flair to your dish and top these beauties with your favorite taco toppings. Whether you serve it solo or with your favorite sides, these peppers handle busy school nights like a pro. They’re also Whole30 compliant, Paleo-friendly and picky-eater-approved so everyone wins!
Recipe & Photography by Allie Doran of Miss Allie’s Kitchen.
Recipe: Instant Pot Venison Taco Stuffed Peppers
Ingredients: Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, diced into medium-sized chunks*
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 and 1/2 cups water, for the Instant Pot
Ingredients: Chipotle Aioli
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup light tasting olive oil
- Start by making the filling for the peppers.
- Turn the Instant Pot to “saute” for 20 minutes. Add the olive oil.
- When the pot is hot, add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add the jalapenos, and venison, and saute for 5 minutes, and then add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Saute for another 5 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the saute cycle runs out.
- While the filling cooks, cut the tops off of the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- When the filling has cooked, spoon the filling inside of each of the peppers, stuffing them full.
- Clean out the inside of the pot, and return it to the Instant Pot. Place the rack in the Instant Pot and pour in the water.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers on the rack in the Instant Pot. Put on and close the lid and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Select “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” on high and set the time to 5 minutes. Let the cycle run and let the peppers naturally release for 5 minutes, before performing a manual release.
- While the peppers cook, combine the egg, egg yolk, lime juice, Dijon, salt, chipotle powder, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, and cumin in a blender.
- Turn the blender on and stream in the olive oil slowly. The mixture will emulsify and turn into a delicious aioli.
- Serve the peppers with the aioli on top and any desired taco toppings – like lettuce, tomato, cilantro, avocado, etc.
Looking for more Ground Venison, Ground Elk or Ground Bison Recipes? Here are a few of our favorites: