Air Fryer Venison Steak Bites
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
Method: Air Fryer
If there’s one thing we probably miss most during this time, it’s simply hanging out with our friends at our favorite local spot sharing some delicious appetizers. As in all the apps. We’re huge fans of sampling every app on a menu. You, know, to make sure we give them all a fair shot. So to bring a little of that restaurant app vibe to our homes, we partnered up with our friends at Primal Pioneer to bring you this amazing recipe for Air Fryer Venison Steak Bites.
Delicious, easy and the perfect excuse to finally use that Air Fryer you got a couple of months ago. Did we mention there are two amazing dipping sauces that go along with these bites? Creamy horseradish and garlic butter. Make one, both or any other sauce your heart desires – or your current pantry dictates. We’re still in the middle of this pandemic, so if making these sauces means a trip to the store, skip it and use whatever sauce you’ve got!
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
Recipe: Air Fryer Venison Steak Bites
Ingredients: Steak Bites
- 9 oz The Honest Bison Venison Filet Mignon
- 4 oz portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup Santa Maria seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
Ingredients: Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Ingredients: Garlic Butter Sauce
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter – melted
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- Cut the venison filet mignon into large chunks.
- Add the venison filet mignon chunks, mushrooms, Santa Maria seasoning, and olive oil to a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside until ready to serve. Choose one, both, or make whatever dipping sauce you would prefer/have ingredients for!
- Transfer the steak and mushrooms to the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees F. for 5-7 minutes or until the venison filet mignon reaches an internal medium-rare temperature of 135 degrees F.
- Remove the venison steak and mushrooms from the air fryer and serve immediately with your sauce(s) of choice.
Note: We’ve purposefully tried to make this recipe easy, using ingredients you hopefully already have. Times are weird right now, so if you can, skip the trip to the store and improvise where you need to – especially when it comes to the sauces. There’s nothing wrong with using whatever pre-made sauce you already have in your fridge!
About Primal Pioneer: Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are also both easy to prepare and delicious. View their original recipe post for Air Fryer Venison Steak Bites here.
Looking for more home-cooked restaurant-style meals like this one? Here are a few of our favorites: