Bison Flank Steak Burrata Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
Let’s make 2023 the year of great salads. With so many incredible, fresh ingredients available all year round, there’s simply no reason for a salad to be subpar. Even just tossing up ingredients you already have in your fridge with a different dressing can turn a limp lunch into a midday feast. But this recipe for Bison Flank Steak Burrata Salad really takes the salad to the next level. It’s filled with hearty fresh veggies like corn topped with creamy burrata cheese and a perfectly seared Bison Flank Steak and then drizzled lightly with pesto sauce. Enjoy this Bison Flank Steak Burrata Salad today — it’s sure to become a new favorite.
Recipe and photography created for The Honest Bison by Essence Eats.
- 2 The Honest Bison Bison Flank Steaks (8 ounces each)
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 ears of corn (boiled, then cut off the cob)
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 balls of burrata cheese (torn in half)
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- Jar of pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Heat pan to medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Add the steak to the heated pan and sear on both sides. Cook to your desired liking (120 for rare, 130 for medium rare, and 140 for medium). Set aside to rest after cooking.
- In 4 bowls, evenly disperse the salad ingredients. In each bowl lay a bed of arugula, sprinkle corn and sliced cherry tomatoes, place a half ball of burrata, and tear some basil into the salad.
- Slice the flank steak and place 4 ounces of flank steak on top of each salad. Drizzle pesto on top. Add freshly cracked pepper and flaky salt. Enjoy!