Fig & Chèvre Bison BurgersJuly 2, 2021
Amber Brooks, Center Back for the OL Reign, fuels her training with grassfed bison.July 22, 2021
Cali Vibes Bison Burgers
We’re keeping things fresh with a side of chill with this amazing recipe for thick, juicy Cali Vibes Bison Burgers. Created for us by our friends Primal Pioneer, this recipe has all our favorite ingredients: rich tasting 100% Grassfed Bison Burgers, spicy Jalapeño Jack Cheese, perfectly ripe California-grown avocados, tangy onion jam, crunchy sprouts and, of course, a freshly-baked, pillowy-soft brioche bun. Enjoy these Cali Vibes Bison Burgers today!
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
- 6 Bison Burger Patties
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 Tbsp. tomato jam
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1 avocado – sliced
- 4 brioche buns
- Combine 1 and ½ patties and form into one large patty. Continue until you have four large patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and add patties to the grill. Cook for about four minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is around 145 degrees F.
- Remove the patties from the grill and top each with two slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Spread about 1 Tbsp. tomato jam onto the bottom of each bun, then add the sprouts. Top with the burger patty, then top with sliced avocado and serve.
- Don’t press the patties while they’re cooking. You want to keep the juices inside the patties.
- Bacon or onion jam can be used in place of tomato jam.
About Primal Pioneer
Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more cozy fall recipes? Check out these favorites: