Spicy Buffalo Bison Burgers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
If we could only eat one food for the rest of our lives, it would definitely be burgers. There’s nothing like biting into a big, juicy flavorful burger. And with so many different ways to prepare and top them, the options are endless. But this burger recipe by Primal Pioneer, in particular, has a special place in our stomachs – the Spicy Buffalo Bison Burger. Not only is it thick, juicy, and tasty, but it’s also topped with a delicious crumble of blue cheese and a spicy buffalo sauce. Does it get any better than this? We doubt it.
Check it out below and if you make it, let us know by tagging @thehonestbison in your pics!
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
Recipe: Spicy Buffalo Bison Burgers
- 6 – ⅓ patties The Honest Bison Bison Burgers
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles – divided
- ⅔ cup buffalo hot sauce – divided
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- 2 celery ribs – finely chopped
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 brioche buns (Substitute as desired)
- Preheat the grill or smoker to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add the six bison burger patties and use your hands or a meat masher to deconstruct them into ground meat.
- Add ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, ½ cup buffalo hot sauce, celery salt, chopped celery, and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine.
- Reform the meat mixture into six even patties.
- Place the patties onto the preheated grill and grill for 4 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches about 135-140 degrees F.
- Serve on brioche buns and top with additional blue cheese crumbles and hot sauce.
Recipe Notes & Alternatives:
- For a low carb, Paleo or Keto-friendly option, serve with lettuce wraps instead of buns
- Top with additional toppings, if preferred
- To lower the spiciness, reduce or eliminate the red pepper flakes
- Serve with fries of your choice – we love a good crinkle cut!
About Primal Pioneer: Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more summer burger inspiration? Check out these recipes: