Fig & Chèvre Bison Burgers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Elevate the flavor profile of your next burger with a sweet and savory combination like this recipe for Fig & Chèvre Bison Burgers by Primal Pioneer. The richness of the 100% Grassfed Bison Burger patty pairs perfectly with the smooth creamy texture of the chèvre (AKA goat cheese) and the sweet tanginess of the fig jam. Fresh arugula rounds things out with a slightly spicy finish. Try this recipe for Fig & Chèvre Bison Burgers today – it will most likely end up being a favorite.
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
Recipe: Fig & Chèvre Bison Burgers
- 6 Bison Burger Patties
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 Tbsp. fig jam
- 4 brioche buns
- Combine 1 and ½ patties and form into one large patty. Continue until you have four large patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and add patties to the grill. Cook for about four minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is around 145 degrees F.
- Remove the patties from the grill and let rest for about a minute.
- Place a handful of arugula onto the bottom bun, then top with a cooked bison patty.
- Spread about 1 Tbsp. fig jam onto the top of the patty, top with about ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese, and serve.
- Don’t press the patties while they’re cooking. You want to keep the juices inside the patties.
About Primal Pioneer: Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more delicious burger recipes? Check out these favorites: