Chipotle Rubbed Bison Flank Steak with Chimichurri.
Today is a very special day indeed as not only do we have this mouthwatering new grassfed bison flank steak for sale, we also just so happen to have a delicious new recipe to go with it.
Behold the Chipotle Rubbed Bison Flank Steak with Chimichurri. Besides being fun to say, it’s also extremely delicious and lean!
INGREDIENTS: Steak Rub
2 lbs grassfed bison flank steak brought to room temperature
1-2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar or coconut palm sugar (totally optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
INGREDIENTS: Chimichurri Sauce
1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced or forced through a press
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1. Lightly oil your grill grates then heat the grill to high. Combine all the steak rub ingredients together in a medium bowl and toss with a fork until uniform in color. Taste the rub and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle half the olive oil over one side of the steak and rub until they are shiny all over with oil.
2. Sprinkle half the rub on the steak and, just like the name suggests, rub in. Repeat on the other side.
3. Once the grill is ready, place the steak on the grill and cover. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until medium rare – approximately 121-125 F (use your trusty meat thermometer!). Let it rest on a plate for 10 minutes before slicing into it.
4. While the steak is resting, make the chimichurri sauce by chopping the parsley and cilantro leaves finely. Place in a medium bowl and add the remaining ingredients and toss with a fork. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve the steak with the chimichurri sauce on the side or over it.
5. Pour a generous glass of a full-bodied red wine of your choosing and enjoy.
Serves 4 people. (Or keep it all to yourself. We won’t judge.)