Sunday Brunching Sausage SkilletJune 6, 2021
Fig & Chèvre Bison BurgersJuly 2, 2021
Double Down Bison Cheeseburger
The only thing better than one burger, is two. Especially when they both happen to be sandwiched together between a fluffy brioche bun with several slices of warm, melty cheese around them. Of course, we’re talking about our all-time favorite burger classic — the Double Cheeseburger. In this case, we’ve used our 100% Grassfed Bison Burgers to add even more flavor and kept our toppings on the more traditional side as well — crispy lettuce, sweet onions, summer-ripe tomatoes and a healthy dose of burger sauce. Check out the super-simple recipe below from Primal Pioneer for this Double Down Bison Cheeseburger and don’t be afraid to make your own by switching up the toppings to suite your tastes!
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
- 8 1/3 lb Honest Bison Bison Burgers
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 Tbsp. burger/fry sauce
- Fresh butter or leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 4 brioche buns
Directions on the grill
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Season all Bison Burger patties with salt and pepper, then place onto the grill. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is around 145 degrees F.
- Remove the patties from the grill and top each with one slice of American cheese.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. burger sauce onto the bottom of each bun. Then, top with lettuce.
- Top with two patties, onion, and tomato, and serve.
- Don’t press the patties while they’re cooking. You want to keep the juices inside the patties.
- Any store-bought burger/fry sauce will work.
About Primal Pioneer
Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more cozy fall recipes? Check out these favorites: