Bison Bacon Apple Risotto
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Looking for an inspiring new dish that’s both full of flavor and light on the prep? Look no further than this incredible recipe for No Stir Bison Bacon Apple Risotto by our wonderfully talented friend, The Kitcheneer. Though to be fair, there is SOME stirring, it’s very minimal compared to a traditional risotto recipe. And hello, we said bacon. This simple risotto comes together in under an hour and turns out creamy, fluffy, and full of fall flavors – it’s pretty much our favorite kind of comfort food.
Original Recipe & Photography by The Kitcheneer.
Recipe: Bison Bacon Apple Risotto
- 4 tbs salted grassfed butter
- 1 package of Honest Bison Uncured Bison Bacon Breakfast Strips
- 4–5 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of short-grain rice
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 6 cups of beef/bone broth
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 6oz of brie
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tbs honey
- Coat the bacon with honey, rosemary and thyme.
- On medium-high heat in a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. About 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the butter over medium and allow to brown. Should be a golden color.
Add the rice to toast for about 5 minutes. Occasionally stir so the rice does not burn.
- Add onion, apple, and garlic. Pour wine over top and allow the rice to absorb.
- Pour 5 cups of the broth over the rice and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining cup of broth with the brie. Stir until absorbed and risotto is creamy. NOTE: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT for creamy risotto and the only part where stirring is important!
- Break the bacon into pieces and stir back into the risotto and serve.
About The Kitcheneer: Using her own personal journey to wellness as inspiration, Amanda “The Kitcheneer” helps guide people toward more mindful, healthy eating by way of simple clean recipes that don’t require much effort to make. View her original post for this No Stir Bison Bacon Apple Risotto here.
Looking for more cozy winter recipes like this? Check out these favorites: