Easy Weeknight Elk Stir-Fry
Recipe & Photography by Gigi Eats. Be sure to check out her blog here.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15-20 mins
We don’t know about you but it seems like every night is a mad dash to get something on the table for dinner before someone has to rush off again. This Easy Weeknight Elk Stir-Fry from Gigi Eats checks all the boxes: it’s easy, healthy and delicious. And depending on what veggies and seasonings you like, can be completely customized! This recipe calls for Elk Flank Steak but you can substitute Bison Flank Steak or Venison Flank Steak for a result that’s equally as tasty!
Recipe: Easy Weeknight Elk Stir-Fry
- 10 oz Elk Flank Steak
- 2 oz Whole Green Beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Frozen Bell Peppers (Red, Orange and Green)
- 4.5 oz Spaghetti Shaped Hearts of Palm (I used Natural Heaven Spaghetti Hearts of Palm but spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, sweet potato noodles or butternut squash noodles are all equally delicious!)
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil
- In a sautée skillet, pour in the avocado oil. When heated, add the frozen peppers and green beans and cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- When the peppers are no longer frozen, add the elk and toss everything together.
- Then add the hearts of palm spaghetti along with the onion and garlic powders, and salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together for about 3-5 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your red meat (Note: Elk is very lean so don’t overcook it!)
- Serve as is or over a bed of spinach or cauliflower rice.