Bison Roast with Mushroom Cream SauceNovember 20, 2019
Herb Roasted French Rack of BisonDecember 19, 2019
We’re all about festive holiday feasts but we’d rather be making merry with our guests than spending all day in the kitchen. Thankfully, Miss Allie’s Kitchen always knows how to keep things both delectable and simple. This recipe for Garlic & Rosemary Whole Bison Tenderloin uses just a few fresh herbs to bring out the natural, rich flavors of this cut. And with minimal prep time and a fool-proof cooking method, it’s perfect for chefs of all levels. Just pop it in the oven, pour yourself a glass of eggnog and before you know it, dinner is ready.
Recipe & Photography by Miss Allie’s Kitchen.
Recipe: Garlic & Rosemary Whole Bison Tenderloin
- 1 3-4 lb. Whole Bison Tenderloin from The Honest Bison
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh, chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh, chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Lay the defrosted meat out on a cutting board and pat dry with a paper down.
- Rub the butter all over the tenderloin and then sprinkle on all of the remaining ingredients, pressing them into the meat.
- Lay the tenderloin in a roasting pan. If it’s too long, fold the thinnest side a bit so it fits. This will help with even cooking, too.
- Cook the tenderloin for 20 minutes at 450F and check the internal temperature. It should be about 125-135F (or medium-rare). If it’s not done yet (and it might not be) drop the oven temperature to 350F and check the internal temperature every 5-10 minutes.
- Once you reach medium-rare, remove the tenderloin, cover the pan with foil and allow the meat to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Slice about 1-2 inch thick pieces and serve with your favorite holiday sides!
Looking for more festive Holiday Recipes? Here are a few of our favorites: