Bison Filet Mignon OscarFebruary 9, 2021
Instant Pot Bison Butternut Squash StewFebruary 27, 2021
We’re into all things cozy. And nothing warms us up like a big bowl of delicious, steaming hot curry during the winter months. So light that fire, grab your gravity blanket and get ready for a recipe that will warm both your tummy and your heart.
This great recipe for Instant Pot Venison Curry by Primal Pioneer uses our Venison Tri-Tip to create a hearty, fragrant dish that doesn’t take long to make – or long to devour.
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
Recipe: Instant Pot Venison Curry
- 2 pounds Venison Tri-tip
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ white onion – chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup broth (Venison, Elk, Bison or Beef recommended)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. garam masala
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Naan bread
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode on medium-high heat, add the oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Turn off.
- Cut the venison tri-tip into large chunks and add to the pot. Add in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, curry powder, garam masala, and coconut cream. Stir to combine. Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and lock it in place. Pressure cook on high for 25 minutes, then let it naturally release for 15 minutes. Quick-release after 15 minutes, if needed.
- While the curry is cooking, cook the rice according to package directions and set it aside.
- Open the lid and stir. If a thicker consistency is desired, add in 1 Tbsp. cornstarch to thicken.
- Serve with rice, garnishing with chopped cilantro. Also, serve with a side of naan bread to capture the delicious broth.
- You can use either homemade bone broth or store-bought. Here’s a good recipe for Venison and one for Bison.
- This is also great over cauliflower rice if you’re trying to keep things paleo or keto.
- Same with the Naan – use your bread of choice or none at all!
About Primal Pioneer: Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more comfort-food recipes? Check out these favorites: