Our Best (And Easiest) Back-To-School Recipes.August 21, 2021
Tips for a smooth 2021 Holiday Season.October 21, 2021
Italian Sausage Pasta with Garlic & Oil
When you’re looking for a comforting meal that’s both tasty and easy to prepare, pasta is always a solid choice. But if you’re looking for an alternative to tomato sauce, this delightful recipe for Italian Sausage Pasta with Garlic & Oil byPrimal Pioneer uses savory Italian Beef Sausages, fresh garlic, and premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to create a dish that’s both flavorful and a far-cray from your typical sauce-in-a-jar alternative. Serve with your favorite glass of wine and share with your favorite people for an extra-special evening.
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
- ½ pound penne pasta
- 1 pound Beef Italian Sausage Links
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 ½ cup fresh baby spinach
- Shredded parmesan cheese
Directions on the grill
- In a pot, boil the penne pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sear the Italian Sausage Links for about 2 minutes on each side, then add in ¾ cup water and reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. (about 7-10 minutes)
- Remove from the skillet and set aside to cool.
- In a different skillet, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and unsalted butter and heat over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until browned and softened. Add in the minced garlic and spinach, and sauté until the spinach is wilted.
- Slice the cooked Italian sausage into ½ inch thick slices, and add to the skillet with spinach and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the pasta dish, stir to combine, top with shredded parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
About Primal Pioneer
Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more cozy fall recipes? Check out these favorites: