Lamb Kofta Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
Craving something light and zesty to brighten up your spring menu? This Greek-inspired recipe for Lamb Kofta Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce is just the thing you need. Made with 100% grassfed ground lamb and flavored with fresh garlic, cardamom, cinnamon and allspice, the kebabs are rich with flavor and pair perfectly with a light feta cheese and olive oil salad with a side of creamy, tangy tzatziki yogurt sauce.
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
Recipe: Lamb Kofta Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 pound Honest Bison Ground Lamb
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic, divided
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. cardamom
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. salt – divided
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (use Culina Plain & Simple for a thick non-dairy option)
- 2-3 Tbsp. dill
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 pita bread
- 2 cups chopped romaine hearts
- Optional toppings – diced red onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives
- Prepare the tzatziki sauce. In a bowl, add the Greek yogurt, dill, diced English cucumber, 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, lemon juice, 1 tsp. salt, and olive oil. Stir to combine. Cover and place into the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, add the ground lamb, onion, 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, parsley, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, cumin, ½ tsp. salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Divide the mixture into eight equal parts. Form into an oblong shape, and while holding in one hand, press a skewer onto the top of the meat, down the middle, leaving open skewer at the top and bottom. Then, form the meat around the skewer. Continue until you have eight kebabs.
- Place onto the grill and cook for three minutes, then carefully flip and cook for an additional 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill, serve over a salad or with pita bread, with tzatziki sauce and optional toppings.
About Primal Pioneer: Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more grilling & smoking recipes? Check out these favorites: