Bison Short Ribs Instant Pot Ramen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Method: Instant Pot
Nothing says fall like a cozy warm bowl of homemade ramen. And nothing says easy like an Instant Pot. Our talented friend The Kitcheneer has combined both of those things into one incredible dish that’s guaranteed to be your new favorite this season. Check out this recipe for Bison Short Ribs Instant Pot Ramen below and get cooking.
Recipe & Photography by The Kitcheneer.
Recipe: Bison Short Ribs Instant Pot Ramen
- 2 tbs duck fat or cooking fat
- 3lbs of Honest Bison Bison Short Ribs
- 1 sweet onion, very finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 inch of grated ginger or 2 tsp dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup mirin or rice vinegar
- 2 bags of dashi (use 4 cups of water) See Note for alternative but I HIGHLY recommend dashi here.
- 2 cups of bone broth
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- Topping Options:
- Green onion
- Carrot ribbons
- Soft Boiled Eggs
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE mode. Once it reads HOT add the duck fat and brown the bison short ribs (1-2 min per side). Set ribs aside.
- Deglaze the pot with mirin. Saute the onion until softened (about 5 minutes) stirring frequently so that it doesn’t burn. Add the garlic and saute for additional 30 seconds.
- Add the ribs back to the pot. Add the water, broth, dashi packets, spices, sesame oil, curry paste, and ginger to the pot.
- Place lid on and put valve to SEALING position. Switch to MANUAL mode and set it for 45 minutes. Allow for natural release of 15 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot reads L 0:15, take the lid off safely and shred the ribs and discard any bones.
- Switch back to SAUTE mode and bring broth to a simmer. Add ramen and cook until noodles are cooked (5-6 minutes). Add ribs back to the pot.
- Serve and slurp!
About The Kitcheneer: Using her own personal journey to wellness as inspiration, Amanda “The Kitcheneer” helps guide people toward more mindful, healthy eating by way of simple clean recipes that don’t require much effort to make. View her original post for Maple Bourbon Bacon Venison Burgers here.
Looking for more recipes to cozy up to? Check out these favorites: