Pork Country Ribs & Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Get your rib-fest on this summer with this incredible recipe for Pork Country Ribs & Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce from Primal Pioneer. Slightly smoky, slightly sweet, definitely juicy, Pork Country Ribs are actually cut from the shoulder of the animal, not the rib area, giving them a higher meat-to-bone ratio than typical ribs. This recipe brings out both the flavor of the meat and the season, perfect for enjoying with your favorite chilled summer beverage.
Recipe & Photography by Primal Pioneer.
Recipe: Pork Country Ribs & Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 3 lbs Pork Country Ribs
- BBQ rub
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼-½ cup Bourbon Whiskey – to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. salt
- Lay the Pork Country Ribs onto a baking sheet, and thoroughly coat both sides with the BBQ rub. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce to low and let warm for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (approximately 350 degrees F.). Place the ribs onto the preheated grill and cook for about 10 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Then, baste both sides with the peach BBQ sauce and cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill and serve with the peach bourbon BBQ sauce and sides of choice and your favorite chilled summer beverage!
About Primal Pioneer: Primal Pioneer is about reconnecting with their primal roots and respecting our lands, resources, and natural inhabitants. They support humane conservation and preservation of wildlife. Their goal is to help elevate wild game meats with new and exciting recipes that are both easy to prepare and delicious.
Looking for more delicious summer recipes? Check out these favorites: